At HAS, we also cater for families with special needs children and the elderly. We have many qualified and highly experienced special needs nannies available straight away. Special needs children or adults may have specific needs based on their impairment,
Our nannies are experienced and can help with:
- Setting goals for the elderly
- Making slight changes in the child's environment as per the client’s request
- Providing developmentally appropriate activities that will help the child feel capable and avoid activities that can be done only a certain way.
- Modeling appropriate play behaviors by being a play-friend
- Building up child's confidence
- Teaching specific skills that will help your child in further development
- Teaching non-disabled children/ siblings how to interact with a special needs child
- Providing opportunities and activities to support child's strengths to help him feel successful and capable
- Watching for signs of any aggressive behavior and intervene quickly.
- Teaching problem-solving skills
- Attending to both the physical and psychological needs of the elderly except for sexual needs though including but not limited to support in bathing, feeding, memory collection through storytelling and singing, comforting and counseling, etc